by Kaira Rouda
(Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads)Publication Date: March 23rd 2015
Buy the Book in Amazon • Source: Wordsmith Publicity
Handsome tycoon James Putnam is acting CEO of his family’s logging company, Putnam Industries. He needs to land a big deal to prove to the board he’s capable of taking over the company. If not, his father’s right-hand-man Walter is more than willing to fill the role. James hurries to Indigo Island alone, certain he has what it takes to land the deal.
Aubrey Templeton is a gorgeous magazine reporter facing a mountain of debt after her parents’ tragic deaths. The only asset she has to leverage is 2,500 acres of land on Indigo Island. She hires Dirk Cooley, a forester, to create a forest management plan for her family’s land and to solicit multiple logger bids to lease the land. Aubrey makes sure James Putnam’s company is included. Aubrey and James shared a night she’ll never forget and she’s certain, once he sees her, he’ll want a repeat as much as she does. What she doesn’t know is that Dirk’s goal in life is to destroy the Putnam family and he doesn’t care who goes down with them.
Will James recognize Aubrey as more than a sexy landowner? Could she become a partner in both love and business? Will they uncover Dirk’s plot before it’s too late? Will they recognize the common roots that lead to love?
- “Do you know who I am?” she said, teasing, of course. But still.
“Aubrey don’t be silly. I’m a new man. A man who could never forget you,” he said.
- He hoped he could be the man she deserved. He had changed. He’d been given a second chance. And now, because of her, he felt the start of something big, the roots of a lifelong love.
- “I’m lonely, too,” he said to himself, pulling a blade of grass out of the ground.
- So, even if James’ bid wasn’t going to be taken seriously by her and Dirk, she was on this remote Sea Island for a few more nights, with a huge ocean view, king-sized bedroom suite all to herself just a few floors above where they were right now. She remembered what James could do in that type of situation.
- As their eyes locked – his blue and mysterious, hers large and dark brown – she knew he must be remembering their night together in Atlanta a year ago. It had been the best night of lovemaking she’d ever experienced, a one-night stand she couldn’t get out of her mind.
Leave a Reply