Find the Author: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads
Published by Atria Books on November 3rd 2015
Genres: F/F, LGBTQI, Romance, Suspense
Purchase links: Amazon
Add to Goodreads
Source: Atria, NetGalley
Vada Bergen is broke, the black sheep of her family, and moving a thousand miles away from home for grad school, but she’s got the two things she loves most: her art, and her best friend and soulmate, Ellis Carraway. Elle and Vada have a friendship so consuming it’s hard to tell where one girl ends and the other begins. It’s intense. It’s a little codependent. And nothing can tear them apart.
Until an accident on an icy winter road changes everything.
Vada is left deeply scarred, both emotionally and physically. Her once-promising art career is cut short. And Ellis pulls away, unwilling to talk about that night. Everything Vada loved is gone.
She’s got nothing left to lose.
So when she meets a smooth-talking lothario who offers to set her up as a cam girl, she can’t say no. All Vada has to do is spend a couple hours each night taking off her clothes on webcam, and the “tips” come pouring in.
It’s all just kinky fun till a client gets serious. “Blue” is mysterious, alluring, and more interested in Vada’s life than her body. Online, they open up to each other intimately. Blue helps her heal. And he pays well, but he wants her all to himself. No more cam shows. She agrees, because she’s starting to fall for him. And when he asks to meet, she says yes. Because she’s dying to know the real man behind the keyboard.
Even if one of his conditions is to bring Ellis. The girl who wants nothing to do with her anymore.
Now Vada must confront the past she’s been running from. A past full of devastating secrets—those of others, and those she’s been keeping from herself…
We received this book/audiobook for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect our opinion of the book or the content of our review.
Hi! This is my top 5 of “stuff I loved about Cam Girl” This is going to be a random 5 things I liked about the book without including spoilers. You have to understand this is really hard for me so prepare for what’s next
- Ellis Carraway: This character is the sun of my life now, she came in like a wrecking baaaall, but better, I was not expecting it but like the great love stories tend to be, you don’t expect it, they just come whooping into your life taking your heart and soul and never returning it, then you feel grateful for the change and you’re never the same.
- Leah Raeder creative use of adjectives and ways to describe Ellis’ hair, which btw is RED!
- Vada motherfucking Bergen, she is a badass lady facing her fears, depression and whatever life throws her way, she is my personal hero because damn this girl is a tough cookie, like Nicki Minaj would say, she is a boss ass bitch. *heart eyes emoji so hard*
- Emotional rollercoaster: By this point I think I know by heart the first few pages of the book, I fell in love with the way Raeder paints the car accident and how I loved how protective Vada is of Ellis and then when my heart got broken, I loved it.
accurate representation of myself every time I read Cam Girl
5. Challenging our views on gender, sexuality and gender expression. Unfortunately there aren’t a lot of books with characters that openly discuss their gender identities, expression and how is living outside of the binary spectrum and even though it makes me sad and quite mad honestly I love that Leah is bringing attention to it in such an amazing way