Find the Author: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads
Published by Skyscape on April 5th 2016
Genres: New Adult, Romance
Purchase links: Amazon
Add to Goodreads
Source: InkSlinger PR
Wingman rule number one: don’t fall for a client.
After a career-ending accident, former NFL recruit Ian Hunter is back on campus—and he’s ready to get his new game on. As one of the masterminds behind Wingmen, Inc., a successful and secretive word-of-mouth dating service, he’s putting his extensive skills with women to work for the lovelorn. But when Blake Olson requests the services of Wingmen, Inc., Ian may have landed his most hopeless client yet.
From her frumpy athletic gear to her unfortunate choice of footwear, Blake is going to need a miracle if she wants to land her crush. At least with a professional matchmaker by her side she has a fighting chance. Ian knows that his advice and a makeover can turn Blake into another successful match. But as Blake begins the transformation from hot mess to smokin’ hot, Ian realizes he’s in danger of breaking his cardinal rule.…
Ian and Lex’s Rules of Play
- Jealousy is key when trying to get noticed by a dude. No girl ever got her guy by hanging out by the potted plants or doing the dishes in the kitchen.
- Smile. Often. Smiling makes dickheads automatically assume you’ve got a secret–and damn, do guys love discovering secrets.
- Never call. Always text.
- If he calls you, answer on the third ring, but only after he’s called you three times.
- The rule of three pertains to every situation, answering in person, the length of time you touch a body part (unless it’s down below, but you shouldn’t be doing that at this point unless you’re a psycho), the length of time you take to answer the door, the point is this, you have to pause, breathe, stare, and then answer. If you’re doing it any other way. You’re doing it wrong.
- I don’t care if he’s serenading you with Taylor Swift and it’s just like absolutely OMGEE your most favorite song, holy shit he brought coke zero? I LOVE COKE ZERO. No. Hell no. You don’t cave. It’s been one day. You do not cave on day one. On day one. You plan.
- You are NEVER to be so interested in them right off the bat that you’re willing to cancel plans, according to them, you’re always busy damn it, why can’t they just catch a break?
- Walk away, never toward. I don’t give a flying shit that he’s wearing your favorite shirt and holding a monkey on his head, smile, wave, walk the other way. The only time you walk toward is if the douche needs medical attention and even then…if he’s gonna live, so will you.
- It’s not about you. I know, I know, you’re just so pissed about Shelly and how she gave you a bitchy look during chem, but control yourself. It’s about him, ask him questions, in return, he will ask you. This. Is. Called. A. Conversation.
- Put your damn phone away. When you’re in his space, you aren’t on Facebook or tweeting about it, this is how you lose his attention and gain another cat. Toss the cell phone away or Wingmen Inc will very politely shove it up your ass.
If the first ten rules are too difficult for you to comprehend, you probably aren’t the client for us…because quite honestly…there are forty more, no chance in hell you’ll get through them if you’re already scowling. Buh-Bye.