Find the Author: Website, Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads
Published by Gallery Books on May 31st 2016
Narrator: Elizabeth Louise
Genres: Erotica, Romance
Purchase links: Amazon, iTunes, Audible
Add to Goodreads
Source: NetGalley, Simon & Schuster
The sexy, breathtaking mystery continues in New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones’s stunning second novel in the suspenseful Careless Whispers series—where shocking revelations will reveal themselves and nothing, and no one, will ever be the same.
Still struggling with amnesia, Ella questions everything she’s known about Kayden Wilkens—the alluring stranger who claims to have found her unconscious in an alleyway a month earlier. But was he truly a stranger—or did Kayden know her before his supposed rescue? Tormented by the potential betrayal he denies, with fleeting memories of a bombshell in her recent past, Ella must face a hard reality. Every action has consequences . . . and trusting Kayden, the one thing she most desires, might result in the direst consequences of all.
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones, whose searing novels generate “enough heat . . . to start a fire” (RT Book Reviews), dares you to fall in love with her irresistibly surprising and sexy new series.
We received this book/audiobook for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect our opinion of the book or the content of our review.
Ella and Kayden’s story continues in Demand by Lisa Renee Jones
Where’s Ella? Find out TODAY!
Audiobook Review: 5 Million Stars
It’s really hard for me to write a review when the book is as perfect as Demand is, because I feel like there are not words enough to describe how I feel, or to tell how amazingly well written it was or to describe the perfection of the characters and the plot. THERE ARE NO WORDS!! In fact, I’ve been struggling for five days to write this review. So I thought, “I’ll write it after I finish the audiobook”, and it didn’t make it any easier, because Elizabeth Louise’s performance made me relive all the awesomeness of this book. The action was more real, the romance and erotism were hotter and the mystery of Who is Ella, Who is HIM and What is Kayden’s agenda was more impressive.
So…. Words… *sound of crickets* God! This is hard! *takes deep breath* Okay! Let’s do this:
- Lisa Renee Jones blew my mind. I was on edge the entire book. The action, the flashbacks, the romance, the sex, the mystery, everything was flawless.
- Ella’s true identity. All my attempts of figuring her out were all wrong. Every new flashback and piece of information revealed in this book made me rethink all my theories.
- Kayden’s secrets. I’m sure there are more to come, but I’m loving, loving, truly and deeply loving every aspect of Kayden. The good, the bad and the ugly.
- The underground, the mafia, the cartel, the government, the police and every other aspect that are KEY in this story. Everything is connected, everything makes sense, and even if there are still a lot of questions that surely will be answered in Surrender—last book of the series—every single thing revealed in this book has helped to find who Ella really is, why was Kayden in the right place and the right time the moment he found her, and one of the most important questions that there is: who HIM really is.
- The sex scenes. Each and every one of them adds more meaning to the story. They are not just hot scenes to make this book into the Erotica genre, Ella and Kayden’s connection gets stronger every time they make love. Their trust in each other was rattled during this book and their solo time was what kept them together, IMHO.
- The ending! Not to worry, I’m not giving spoilers, but Oh. My. God. That. Ending. Was. Shocking! Can’t fucking wait!!
- Elizabeth’s narration was impeccable. Every inflection was so right for every character in this book, and there are a lot of characters. How did she managed to do it? I don’t know, but she translated all of their personalities in every tone of voice she made, that made this audiobook the perfect companion to this book.
All in all, Demand was ONE HELLUVA BOOK!! Perfection made into words written by Lisa Renee Jones!! I will need a time machine because I need Surrender right now, but I’ll have to wait until January 2017—a long, long hiatus, but I’m 200% sure the wait will be worth it!
Click in the cover to read our review.